Turmeric (antioxidant & joint support)
60 Vcaps® . 222.2 mg curcuminoids additive free
No additives or preservatives. No wheat, corn, soy, yeast or dairy. No ingredients of animal origin.
In India, Turmeric (Curcuma longa) has been a traditional household item for centuries. The rhizomes are boiled, baked and ground into the fragrant, yellow-orange powder used as an ingredient in curry. Turmeric has also been used throughout history as a food preservative.
- In the past decade, Turmeric's principle constituent, curcumin, has been extensively studied by Western researchers and scientists for its
antioxidant activity. Researchers continue to study curcumin in relation to normal cell growth and normal brain function.
"Common Indian Spice Stirs Hope," Wall Street Journal, 2005.
- In a summary of Turmeric studies done between 1978-2008, researchers at the Natural Products Research Laboratories, School of
Pharmacy, University of North Carolina noted many of the herb's supportive uses, saying "recent studies on curcuminoids, particularly
curcumin, have discovered not only much on the therapeutic activities, but also on mechanisms of molecular biological action."
Chin Med. 2008 Sep 17;3:11.
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences researchers at the Department of Chemistry, Ataturk University, Turkey studied the antioxidant properties
of the curcumin in Turmeric and found it to be effectively supportive of the body's own natural peroxidation response to numerous free
radicals. Chem Biol Interact. 2008 Jul 10;174(1):27-37.
- Himalaya Pure Herbs Turmeric contains 95% curcuminoids and is completely additive free.*
- Has strong antioxidant properties.*
- Supports the body's own natural response to oxidative cell damage.*
- Supports cellular growth.*
- Supports the body's own natural cleansing process.*
- A broad-spectrum herb, supporting many different systems of the body.*
Take 1 capsule per day after food. Allow several weeks for full benefits and lasting results.
The following Himalaya formulas contain Turmeric:
DermaCare®, GlucoCare®, HemoCare®, StressCare®
*Himalaya Gluten Free products are batch tested and identified with a green Gluten Free sticker.